Ignite Your Camping Site With High Quality Flames From The Camp Chef Redwood Portable Fire Pit
The Camp Chef Redwood Portable Fire Pit is a metallic propane-driven furnace that’s designed to produce maximum heat, and also prevent high flames from spreading over to undesignated areas. It comes complete with four roasting sticks for turning over the molten rocks, and a zipper carrying case that’s used to store fuel.
A single ignition session can produce 53,000 BTU/Hr, making it the perfect solution for campers planning to spend several nights out in the blistering cold.
This convenient apparatus measures 19-inches in diameter and has a safety shutoff valve to prevent overheating, users should therefore feel assured that they would not be injured while operating it.
What Customers Said about the Camp Chef Redwood Fire Pit
1. The kiln is delivered with a rich supply of lava rocks which are available in two forms, the white ashy variety and red solid one. They are packaged in round lumps the size of a standard tennis ball, and when ignited the fuel sources produce a distinct yellow flame that’s free from soot.
2. Once the fuel tank is filled it can last for a whole week when used for 2hrs a day, nowhere else can you find such a long-lasting flame.
3. You can place it on top of dry grass or patio without the surface catching fire, this is because the flames being generated are non-inflammable. When one visits a camping site where lighting a match is forbidden due to obvious safety reasons, authorities can still allow you to use this furnace due to its inability to cause fire.
4. It’s very portable. The kiln weighs approximately 20lbs and has a carriage rim that can be used to lift it off the ground when needs be, you can use the furnace on different sections of your patio then tuck it away safely afterwards.
5. Redwood comes complete with a supply line regulator for pumping in propane gas, this means that owners can control the amount of fuel entering their apparatus. The flames produced are also tall measuring 4- 10 inches on average.
- The stainless steel rim at the top is loosely built and sometimes one feels like it would give in at any moment. Additionally, the welds and tabs are unevenly lined meaning that users have to bend them manually so as to fall into place.
- The Camp Chef furnace has a very simple design and one may easily mistake it for a kitchen cooking stove.
- The control knob is weak and prone to breakages when used continuously, it may get stuck on low mode and fail to move completely. Some people also complain that Redwood’s Burner Assembly has two massive holes that let fire pass through.
Some Final Comments
The Camp Chef firepit will release a decent amount of heat to warm everyone in your camping site, it’s fitted with a conspicuous turn-knob that can be used to regulate the fire to a preferred level.
Maintenance is also easy and all you have to do is wipe the surface with a clean rug to remove ash and debris. Moreover, since it doesn’t use firewood but molten rock as a source of fuel owners can be proud of themselves for playing a part in environmental conservation, given that far less trees would be cut.